Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Don is offline

Default Pivot table - multiple records with same year??

I am trying to create a pivot table from a w/s of data. One field formatted
as a date (dd-mmm-yyyy) needs to be broke out into its constituent month
(mmm) and year (yyyy) in seperate columns.
For some reason I am unable to make each instance unique (eg I end up with
hundreds of records , that even though are the same year (eg 2007), are
represented by a unique record entry)?

On closer examination if I put my curser over the original 'Date' field, it
also contains a timestamp hh:mm:ss - although this does not appear in the
actual field. Originally I thought this may be causing the problem, but
having removed this time stamp I still end up with multiple instances of the
same year in pivot.

I am sure other folk must have encountered this same problem? Is there an
effective resolution?

Don