Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete Elbert Pete Elbert is offline

Default total amount based on selections of 1-9, 10-19 and 20-30

Using this formula makes it work just the way I want it to. One issue that I
am not sure how to add into the formula is when cell A1 is empty or has a
zero in it, I would like the cell that provides the total not to show
anything or just a zero value. Otherwise the formula is just what I was
looking for. Any solutions?

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

One way (though your problem statement is rather vague):

=CHOOSE(INT(A1/10)+1,"Total 1", "Total 2", "Total 3", "Total 3")

(the last "Total 3" is necessary since your third range is bigger than
the first two).

In article ,
Pete Elbert wrote:

I am trying to calculate a total based on the number of items a person
purchases that fall within one of these three amounts (1-9,10-19,20-30). Can
anyone help