Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default SUM formulas exhibiting erratic behavior

Check and make sure calculation is set to automatic.

ToolsOptionsCalculation

Biff

"Mango" wrote in message
I'm using Excel 2003, and have been making reports that use a lot of SUM
and
SUM IF formulas. For some reason the formulas have stopped working, even
though when I click on the destination cell, the formula is correctly
expressed in the address bar. If I re-enter the formula, it does what it's
supposed to, but only that one time. If I come back and add or delete data
in
the series, nothing changes in the destination cell. Some of these
formulas
are simply adding numbers in a column, but some express results in graphs
that pull data from different worksheets.