Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Pls Hlp - Pivot Table or DSum???

I meant a regular copy of the pivot table, and when you update one, the
other will update automatically. You don't have to name the subtotals.
In the GetPivotData, just refer to the field name, and the data field,
and you'll get the subtotal for that item.

For example, with a field named Region, and a region name in cell D5:

=GETPIVOTDATA("Units",$B$3,"Region",D5)

would return the total units for the region.

dee wrote:
Hi Debra,

Thanks for your replay.

Yes, I had thought of that. I guess the drawback is that it isn't dynamic,
from what I can tell. I would have to paste values only, correct?

I assume that I cannot name subtotals (only) in a pivot table? I've looked
all over (including your excellent site), but can't come up with a definitive
answer.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures