Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default multiple (nested) IF statements

I don't fully understand what you want to do, but rather than a load
of multiple IFs, you might like to look at using CHOOSE, or even the
MAX function.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On May 8, 11:29 pm, Poshsod.uk
wrote:
HHHHHEEEELLPPPPP.
I am trying to compile a formulae to convert a a cell into a result with
differing results based upon certain criteria.
ie I have a table with name downwards: date sequence top horizontal and
hours worked (horizontal alongside names.
What I want is another table to look at CELL A:2 and if it is less than
VARIABLE 1: then show ANSWER 1:
if its greater than VARIABLE 1: then look at the greater of VARIABLE 1
and the less than or equal of VARIABLE 2 and if its between these then show
ANSWER 2:
I have 5 such Variables with 5 Answers.
I have tried IFs: ANDs: and ORs I have even tried some of the answers from
here which were simular to what I was looking for....However to no avail......