Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MartinW MartinW is offline

Default Average less MIN formula help needed

I DO, however, have a problem with deliberately rejecting efficient
solutions using simple built-in functions in favor of less efficient
ones simply because they don't fit into someone's definition of "basic".
When I teach, I *reward* alternative solutions, not reject them.

But de gustibus non disputandum est...

Hi JE

I don't believe the OP rejected your solution out of hand, i'm fairly
sure he/she took it on board as valuable information, however, if the
question
was along the lines of, 'Show how the following problem can be solved
by using the SUM, MIN and COUNT functions', then your response
leaves them short.
Of course, the best answer would be to say, 'here' is the answer as asked,
however, a better way to solve this problem, would be 'this'.

ex animo
Martin