Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default Average less MIN formula help needed

I might agree if the formula I provided was a shortcut (but then, I
don't use mottos...).

I don't have any problem with teaching the basics. I don't have a
problem with demonstrating that there are multiple solutions for any
particular problem in XL.

I DO, however, have a problem with deliberately rejecting efficient
solutions using simple built-in functions in favor of less efficient
ones simply because they don't fit into someone's definition of "basic".
When I teach, I *reward* alternative solutions, not reject them.

But de gustibus non disputandum est...

In article ,
"MartinW" wrote:

Get the basics right first and then teach the shortcuts is my motto.