Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Billy Liddel Billy Liddel is offline

Default When date changes I lose my data

Mac

You can use a keyboard short-cut for date and time. Date = Ctrl & ;
while time is Ctrl & Shift & ;

These are entered as numbers and take the system date or system time.

Regards
Peter

=====
"Mac" wrote:

I have a simple spreadsheet that I want to use daily. Employee enters
numbers daily to make different batches of product. This page does the
calulations for the differents percentages of materials used. I want those
numbers to transfer to a second sheet, third sheet, and so on to keep a daily
record through the year. My problem is I have used the "today function" to
update the day the data is entered by itself. When the day changes the days
entries are deleted and we move to the next day. I am linking the sheets
together with the following: =if(Sheet2!$A9=Sheet1!$f$6,Sheet1!$F$10,0) .
How can I keep my data as the date changes?