Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
hmm hmm is offline

Default Check-box relative reference

I want to use a check box, for example, on each row of a checkbook
spreadsheet to check off if an item has been posted by the bank. To do this,
I have tried placing a check box in a cell in one row of data--using a
fixed-column, relative row reference ($A1) as the cell link--then copying the
row to many empty rows.

The above procedure copies the check box to every row, but unfortunately, it
interprets the cell reference as abosolute--so that every check box refers to
the same entry, not to its own row. It does not matter if I use the check
box from Forms or from Control Toolbox--same problem either way.

Does anyone know how I could create check boxes in multiple rows, each box
linked to its own row?