Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default X Axis needed for Line Chart

I don't know what your data looks like, but remember that you can format an
XY series and a Line series the same, with/without markers or lines.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"FL" wrote in message
Hi Jon,

The only problem with the XY chart is I don't want to plot all data points
because I have MANY (like 19,000 points) and the line graph becomes a
filled
in graph from zero up to line peak. I only want to see a line. Any idea?

--
FL

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Does the chart know you have X data? Go to Chart menu Source Data
Series
tab. Is there anything in the box for Category Labels? This should be a
link
to the X values range in the worksheet, just as the Y Values box links to
the Y data.

However, I think a more fundamental problem is that you are not using the
right chart type. Use an XY chart, which treats numerical data as
numbers,
not as text labels. With an XY chart, you can double click on the X axis
get the kind of scale and spacing you describe.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"FL" wrote in message
I have created two line images on a Line Chart using several data
points.
Now I would like to have an x axis that shows a marker for every 1/2
hour.
Example: .5 1.0 1.5 2.0 2.5 3.0 and so on for up to 5.0 to
represent hours. I created the data for these time points that
coorespond
my data for line images but do not know how to show them in my x axis
as
markers. Any idea? My x axis shows nothing? Y axis is fine. I have
data
scale markers there.

--
FL