Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Split table into smaller tables & into different worksheets ea

How did we get from 3 sets of 500....red, green, yellow for 1500 records to 30
or 40 in a huge database?

It's always the "etc." that adds the wrinkles<g

See Ron de Bruin's site for code to copy filtered items to a new sheet.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm

Gord

On Sat, 5 May 2007 05:40:00 -0700, Pradeep
wrote:

Hi Gord,

Thanks for the SortbyColor function link, I was looking at something like
this for sometime. :-)

I guess the example I used was misleading. I just the color as an example.
You are right - the Red, Green, Blue, Yellow etc. are text in the column on
the basis of which I need to split the whole table.

The problem is that I have a huge database which I need to split. Doing a
custom filter some 30-40 times is tedious, time consuming and there is a lot
of scope for error while copy-pasting.

Pradeep

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Pradeep

How are you able to do a custom sort/filter on colored cells?

Are you using a UDF like Chip Pearson's SortbyColor function?

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm

Or do you mean the red, green, yellow is text in the cells?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 3 May 2007 05:24:02 -0700, Pradeep
wrote:

Hi,

I have data in a workbook that I need to split into different sheets.

I have a table that has (say) 500 records each for (say) colors Red, Green
and Yellow (totally 1500 records) in one table. This table needs to be split
into worksheets, and each sheet to have records only for each colour. I know
I can do a custom sort (for say records not equal to Red and Green) and
delete the non-relevant records, but I need to do this for very large tables.
Any help?