Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default How do I stop repeat entry of a number in the same Excel column

John,

Try Conditional Formatting using a formula.. You can use it to highlight
duplicates in (say) Column A with the formula:

=COUNTIF($A:$A,$A1)1

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

with @tiscali.co.uk

"John" wrote in message
I am trying to prepare a new sales order management spreadsheet for my
Warehouse staff to record orders reaching them for picking and packing.
Nothing fancy but I have a definiative requirement in stopping orders of a
five digit format from being entered twice unless it is a back-fill order
where we can have a forward slash with a number or letter reference added
too.