Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Barb Reinhardt Barb Reinhardt is offline

Default VLookUp in Excel

Let's assume the data you are checking is in column A of Sheet 1 and the data
you are checking it against is in column A of Sheet 2. Try something like
this

=VLOOKUP(Sheet1!A1,Sheet2!$A$1:$A$100,1,FALSE)

If there is a match, this will return the matched value. Also note that
there needs to be an exact match for you to get a returned value. If there
is no exact match, you'll see #N/A.

" wrote:

I'm trying to complete a simple comparison of two columns of asset #s
and locate any missing numbers from the smaller of the two. I'm
getting errors everytime I try. Any help you can provide?