Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Movemout Movemout is offline

Default Date is not displaying correctly

I found the settings and you were right it was set to US English and as soon
as I changed it to Australia the problem with the date was solved. Thank you
so much!

"Movemout" wrote:

In the format cells, I have chosen date, with English(Australia).
I dont know how to find out what region my windows is set to. Any suggestions?

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

On Fri, 4 May 2007 15:57:00 -0700, Movemout
wrote:

Ok. I have found the transition button and it was already unchecked. I went
back to regions and had another look, I played around with different
countries and the date changed correctly except for English- Australian
(which is where I am) and I tried UK to see what happened and it also
reverses the date when I move from the cell. I had a look and the 1904 box is
not checked. I checked and saved , unchecked and saved again but no
difference. Funny thing is when I type in 12/1/07 into cell it appears in
formula bar as 12/1/2007, then I move from the cell and it goes to 1/12/07.
Any more ideas?

What is the format of the cell itself?

In Excel 2003 that is obtained from the Format/Cells/Number option.

For example, in Excel 2003, if my Windows Regional Settings are US, and I
format the Excel cell with a UK format, I will get exactly what you describe
above.
--ron