John Mansfield

Eric,

Before copying you chart as a picture, try grouping the text boxes and the
chart together first. To do so, hold down the shift key, select the text
boxes, and then select the edge of the chart. Right-click on you mouse and
select Grouping - Group.

To easily group textboxes in an embedded chart, I've found that it's easier
to create the textbox in the spreadsheet and then drag the textboxes into
position in the chart. Do not cut and paste them into the chart.

Also, you may need to work with the order of the text boxes and the chart.
You will need to order the textboxes in front of the chart. To order each
textbox, click on the edge of the textbox, right-click on your mouse, and go
to Order - Bring to Front.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"Eric" wrote:

Hi all.

I'm having a problem when I take a chart from Excel and past it into Word.
I use Paste Special - Picture because otherwise it will embed the whole Excel
file into the Word document.

My problem is that my textboxes get re-arranged somehow through the pasting
process. The wrapping is different and I end up with a bunch of white space
at the bottom of the box. Does anyone know why this happens and if there's
anything I can do to fix it?

I'm using Excel and Word 2000 with SP3.

Thanks!

Eric