Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Help with bars in bar chart

I would make a bar chart with number of students, and add custom labels with
the percentages. You can use one of these two free add-ins to add custom
labels easily:

Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Antney" wrote in message

I'm creating a bar chart and I have rows of data that I am using to create
it. It's pretty simple, but now, my boss wants me to add the # of students
who were involved. Previously I was just using %'s. Here's how the data
looks:

Grd StuTotal Comp# % Voc# % Wrtng# %
1 1603 533 33%
2 1312 456 35% 436 33% 311 24%
3 1009 201 20% 121 12% 105 10%
4 777 100 13% 52 7% 87 11%
5 645 96 15% 108 17% 77 12%

I was using the percentages to create the bar chart, by grade, which is
simple, but now I need to add the # of students. The chart only wants to
accept only one data series. How can I make it accept two. Have the % and
#
of students in the same column?

Let me know if unclear.

Thanks,