Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Can you change the color of one cell based on the color of another

Not directly by looking at the colour but you can look at the condition in
your first cell to change your second cell. For example say you set A1 to
green when A1 is 75.

In C1 you can also look at the value of A1 and change the colour using the
same condition this time using a formula. Select C1 and conditional
formatting - formula is =A175.

Any good?

Mike

"andoscott" wrote:

I have a list of items to be completed in one column. As the items are
completed I color the cell green. There is another column that I would like
to color green as the items in the first column are colored. Is there a way
to link the colors of the cells so that when I change the color of one cell
the color of another cell changes also?