Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Trevor Shuttleworth Trevor Shuttleworth is offline

Default Can Excel Execute a Word Document and Insert Data?

You could use a Selection Change event to pick up the contents of a newly
selected cell and then execute some code to open the word document and
insert the value

MsgBox Target.Address & " = " & Target.Value
End Sub

You could restrict the event to a single column or even a range ... or you
could manually execute a macro having selected the data.

I think the easiest way is to have bookmarks in the word document where you
want to add data.

Regards

Trevor

"Shazam" wrote in message
Is there a way to click on a part number in a list in Excel that will open
Word document that contains a form letter with the part number inserted
that
was originally selected in the Excel list? I thought of hyperlinks from a
mail merge, but the list contains about 8000 part numbers.