Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default xy scatter with date/time as x axis

XY charts always show equal increment tics on the axis
You could have no x-axis labels and use either data labels or text boxes as
you suggested
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"maryj" wrote in message
I have an XY Scatter chart with date/time values along the x axis.

For example, 5/1/07 8:00 am, 5/1/07 2:00 pm and 5/2/07 10:00 am.
I want an XY Scatter to properly show the time increments. Is there a way
have the x axis only display the actual dates and times rather than
showing
values of equal increments? I have gone into the axis options and have
adjusted the scale but it is difficult to know the exact times. Or do I
need
to resort to data labels or textboxes?

Thank you!

--