Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default How do I set excel files to be accessible by everyone and updated

You could store the file on a common server that everyone has access to.

Then each person can update it as soon as the previous person is done (saved and
closed).

If you need to have simultaneous updates, then you could share the workbook
(tools|Share workbook). But there are a lot of things that won't work in shared
workbooks--check Excel's help for more info.

And there are lots of people that won't use shared workbooks--many believe that
it's just not worth the trouble (and risk--there are lots of posts about
problems with shared workbooks--from corruption to just not even working as
intended.)

You may want to consider using a real database program (Access??) that is
designed for this kind of shared environment.

Askara_thea wrote:

I want to make this file to be accessible and can be updated by anyone. This
file is a database that everyone can add any information on it.

--

Dave Peterson