Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie David McRitchie is offline

Default Time Sheet Problems in Excel

Sorry but I do not see a question in your posting. What
part do you want help with and why. Take a look at
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/datetime.htm
to see if it can help you; otherwise, you will have to be
more explicit at least for me to understand the question.
An example with numbers would helpful, but hopefully
my page covers material.

---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Trying to Please the Boss" <Trying to Please the wrote in message
My objective is: Total hours per day with an employers form structured as
start time cell, end time cell, minus lunch time cell, equals total hours.
The respective e.g. is B1-A1-C1=D1. Time formating not an issue in A1 or B1.
Negative symbol being displayed unsuccessful in lunch time cell C1 with
number format though it is an option. Too scared to try the calendar switch
to 1904 and I don't understand how the calendar would create a negative
symbol option to work. If lunch were always a constant amount of time or
number I think I could struggle through a round-robin formula of some sort.
It doesn't really matter if the D1 cell reflects time worked with the colon
symbol or decimal, whatever makes it all work. Ofcourse none of this would
be an issue if the employer would use a 24hr clock representation instead of
the am/pm nonsense. I don't know that excel 2002 can even do this "don't
rock the employer boat" calculation.