Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Need Help with Default Template in Excel

Don't click on FileNew...

(note the ellipsis after New indicating more options)

Click on the New File Icon on the Toolbar to get a new workbook based upon your
Book.xlt Template.

Or go to ToolsCustomizeCommandsFile.

See there is a New with no ellipsis.

Drag that to the File Menu and use it to open a new file.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On 2 May 2007 10:14:06 -0700, "T.C. Mann" wrote:

I am using Excel 2002 and Windows XP. I created a file called
Book.xlt in my XLStart folder and when I first startup Excel, the
defaults are applied correctly to the workbook. However, if I click
on "File, New, Blank Workbook", the new workbook does not keep my
defaults. How can I apply my defaults to all new workbooks, not just
when Excel first starts? Thank you.

T.C.