Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default Named Range Limitations

You haven't addressed the suggestion in a previous response as to
whether you're exceeding the 255 character limit for a defined name.

Since for each non-adjacent cell, the defined name will include the
sheet name, a ! character and the address, a small change in sheet name
length can significantly change the maximum number of cells in a named
range.

In article ,
Bagia wrote:

Thanks for the responses. I understand and know how to create Named Ranges.
My question is...is there a limitation to the number of cells you can have,
because I used click and ctrl-click for about 19 non-adjacent cells and was
able to create a Named Range. Then a few minutes later I wanted to create
another named range, but this time it will only allow me to use 11
non-adjacent cells.