Bob Phillips

=INT(A1*24)

should do it

--

HTH

RP

"Nambo27" wrote in message
The left function does not work when displaying times on Excel 2000. I
entered the data in the following format "9:40," but the data box converts

it
to "9:40.00 AM." I changed the format so the time appears as "9:40" on

the
spreadsheet. However, I want to display just the hour, the first digit,

in
the next column. When I use the left function (=LEFT(B4, 1)), I always

get a
zero. Just to see what happened, I displayed the left 4 digits and I

receive
some unusual fractions "0.402..." I would greatly appreciate some help on
this topic. Thanks!