Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Formatting and seperating commas

DataText to ColumnsDelimited by comma.

Make sure column B is not populated prior to the steps above.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 1 May 2007 18:41:00 -0700, Help wrote:

Ok here what I need to do. In column 1 I have five rows of names first and
last names seperated by a comma.....example Smith, Joe (all in one column).
I need to take the comma out and put Smith in column 1 and Joe in a new
column or column 2 by itself. Therefore I need Smith (in Column A) Joe (in
column B). Thanks for the help. Please give me step by step on how to do this.