Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default Rounding up and or down formula

Bill,

Unless I am completely misunderstanding you:

In your example sheet formulas like:

=ROUND(B6,1.25)

is the same as =ROUND(B6,1)

That is it rounds to the nearest one decimal place. It does not round to
the nearest 1.25

Like wise =ROUND(B12,100) Rounds to the nearest 100 decimal places not the
nearest 100

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

with @tiscali.co.uk

"Bill Ridgeway" wrote in message
I have put together a small (14Kb) spreadsheet demonstrating a range of
roundings which may be required. This can be downloaded from
www.1001solutions.co.uk/rounding.xls

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"Potaroo" wrote in message
I'm after a formula that will give me the closest to a 0.25 incremental
ending.
That is if the sum ends up being 4.29, I need it to return a 4.25
If it ends up being 2.8 I need it ot return a 2.75.
If it ends up being 2.89 I need it ot return a 3.
Is there such a method?
TIA to all you Gurus.
Pete