Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CT3or4 CT3or4 is offline

Default formula or code to extract hyperlink from displayed text

Paul,
I get a compile error ("Arg not optional") on Hyperlinks."Add".
Then, 'Anchor', 'Address' & 'TextToDisplay' remain red-font.

Any libraries I need to install or check?
Thanks,

--
CT3or4

"PCLIVE" wrote:

As long as your cells to be linked are in one column (the code can be
modified if not), then this should work if the links are in column E.

Sub ToAssignLinks()
For Each cell In Range("E1:E" & Range("E65536").End(xlUp).Row)
cell.Activate
If Left(ActiveCell, 7) = "http://" Then ActiveCell.Hyperlinks.Add
Anchor:=Selection, Address:= _
ActiveCell.Value, TextToDisplay:=cell.Value

Next cell
End Sub

Sub ToRemoveLinks()

With Range("E1:E" & Range("E65536").End(xlUp).Row)
.Hyperlinks.Delete
End With

HTH,
Paul

End Sub
"CT3or4" wrote in message
Huge Excel files (& files) with 'text dislayed' (long descriptions) as
hyperlink that need to be converted to URL (http://etc) hyperlink in order
save/use in various apps & dbs.
How can I/we convert or extract the URL in in the cell without using the
"Edit Hyperlink" tool one-cell-at-a-time to cut, paste?
--
CT3or4