JE McGimpsey

If you have MacXL2004, you shouldn't have to do anything. If you have a
previous version, you'll need to upgrade, previous versions didn't have
full Unicode support.

In article ,
"not a programmer" <not a wrote:

I have all my data in Mysql, which supports Unicode. When I look at the data
on my MAC all the Registermarks, Trademarks ect. look just fine. I then have
to export my data, which instantly opens into Excel (on my MAC) and I get
lots of crazy characters instead of my Trademarks, Reg., M-dashs....even my
apostrophes show up as a strange character instead of an apostrophe. I have
to search and replace all of the characters to what they should be (again and
again, everytime I need to update my pages).
What can I set as a preference or trigger to receive what I see in the system?