Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Strike Eagle Loader[_2_] Strike Eagle Loader[_2_] is offline

Default drop down list/typing item from list error

I have 2 lists set up. the first list, lets call it "junk" has a uniformed
structu two letters followed by 6 numbers, i.e. BG123456. I have a
second list, lets call it "dontwannawork" that is not uniformed; some numbers
and some letters with numbers, i.e. 9, 107, and BG654321.

Cell A1 has the "junk" list (dataverificationSource=junk). Cell A2 has
the "dontwannawork" work list (dataverificationSource=dontwannawork). Both
have the Error Alert checked "show error alert after invalid data is entered".

When I type and item from the junk list in cell A1 I do not get an error
message. I can either use the drop down list or just type in an item form
that list. However, when I do the same in cell A2 from the dontwannawork
list, I keep gettin error messages about the data not being valid. for
Example, I can select the "109" from the drop down list, but I can't type
"109" into the cell without getting that error message.

What is goin on here? Why is it I can type the selections for the "junk"
list, but I cannot for the "dontwannawork" list?

I'm sure the answer is right in front of me, but I quit smoking today and
I'm just a touch....edgy.

TIA,

Chris