Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jan Karel Pieterse Jan Karel Pieterse is offline

Default "Shared Workbook" seems to deactivate features like macros

Hi Steve,

Basically I want to be able to track changes (which requires shared workbook)
and still use macros (which seems to be switched off ). Is there an
alternative or a way around the problem (EXcel 2003)

If your workbook is to be shared amongst multiple users, DON'T! This is an
unreliable feature.

Also can you tell me how to change the keystroke designation for a macro so
that it actually sticks? (I've tried to do so under macros, options but it
doesn't stay in there - keeps changing back to the original keystroke)

It should stay put. Are you sure there is no VBA code that changes that key
designation?

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com
Member of:
Professional Office Developer Association
www.proofficedev.com