Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Showing Pivot Table total on Associated Pivot Chart

The Grand Total doesn't appear in a pivot chart. You could create a
normal chart, based on the pivot table, and include the totals in that.

On Jon Peltier's site, there are instructions for creating a normal
chart from pivot data:

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotcharts.htm

KenY wrote:
I have a pivot chart created from a pivot table, showing individual values
for each of the items. The pivot table also shows a 'total' for the items.
I would like to display the 'total' on the pivot chart as a line running
across the chart (ie plot it as a point associated with each of the items).
Is there a way to do this? I have tried creating a new column on the
worksheet and trying a copy/paste onto the chart area, but this does not work.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures