Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default How do I Remove Rows that match a criteria

Hi

You are quite correct. The behaviour is not the same as with
AutofilterSelectDelete.
However, if you click on a cell within your data and choose InsertTable
then use the dropdown on the filter created on your state header to
select TX.
Now, mark the rows, right click and the options will be Delete Rows (as
opposed to Delete) and your rows with TX will disappear (sorry Don<bg).
Click on the Filter and choose Show All and the remainder of the data
will be there.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Mahesh" wrote in message
I have data that I am filtering based on State. I want to remove all
the rows
that have 'TX' in State Column. I used data filtering and from the
dropdown,
selected 'TX'. When I get the filtered data, I select the rows and
'delete'.
The problem is, it deletes every other row as well. I migrated from
exel 2003
to 2007 and see a 'bug' where 2007 can not remove the selected rows
only...
Quite frustrating. Is there any way to achieve this without writing
any macro?

Thanks