Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Auto Number the Rows of Auto Filter Result

Assume:
column A = Sr. No
column B = Answer
column C = Name

Data starts in B2

Enter this formula in A2 and copy down as needed:

=SUBTOTAL(3,B$2:B2)

Note: do not include column A in the filter. Select columns B and C and
apply the filter to those columns only. The filter doesn't work properly
when column A is included.

Biff

"ashish128" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dear all friends,

Thanks for helping me so far.

I was just thinking if it is possible to auto number the autofilter
result.

For Eg,

Sr. No Answer Name
<Blank Yes X
<Blank No X
<Blank Yes X
<Blank Yes X
<Blank No X

If I auto filter the above range on "Answer" then is it possible to
get incremental values (Default: 1) in Column "Sr. No" depending upon
the result rows displayed by autofilter

For Eg,
When I select "Yes"

Sr. No Answer Name
1 Yes X
2 Yes X
3 Yes X

And When I select "No"

Sr. No Answer Name
1 No X
2 No X

Please let me know if it is possible and if yes then any suggestions
for how.

With Regards,

Ashish