Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ChesterCoronel ChesterCoronel is offline

Default How can I close all excel spreadsheets at one time?

I got the same observation when I read your question. You can double-click
the Office Button on the upper-left side of the screen to close all
worksheets.
--
Chester C. Coronel
Junior BSIT Student

"Jim T." wrote:

Excel 2007. Clicking the uppermost 'X' used to close down all active
spreadsheets, asking if you wanted to save all or step through each closing
spreadsheets and ask specifically to save each one.

That no longer appears to happen in 2007. Now the uppermost 'X' just closes
the active spreadsheet. In effect, there is no difference between clicking
the uppermost 'X' and clicking the specific spreadhseet's 'X'.

Is there an option I am missing somewhere? It is incredably annoying no
having that master 'shut down' button.