Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Silver Rose Silver Rose is offline

Default Find First Non blank cell than find column header and return that value

Hi thankyou for everyone's input

Each of the suggested formula's for finish times and for checking for
blanks work well however only for fixed or static data. However my
hours index data is always changing and therefore the formula no
longer works I would have to edit every formula depending on the data
it was checking which is not my intention.

=IF(COUNT(rng)<2,"Off",INDEX(StartFinishTimeRange, MATCH(100,INDEX(HoursIndex,MATCH(A8,TeamMembers,
0),)))+
(INDEX(StartFinishTimeRange,MATCH(100,INDEX(HoursI ndex,MATCH(A8,TeamMembers,
0),)))=21/24)*30/1440)

I am seeking to amend the finish time formula so it adds the 0.5
(1/2hr) so it can work for any data entered eg. the hours index is
always changing and still give the correct result. How do I get it to
say any time (result) that is returned add 1/2hr? at present the
formula is fixed to 9pm

also this above formula returns OFF regardless if there is data or no
data in the hours index

and with the return "OFF" portion of the finish formula again we are
dealing with dynamic data not static data. I need that if all blanks
are present with no data than return result "OFF" at present this
portion of formula overides time result and give's all answers as
"OFF". The formula should only return "OFF" if there is no time
result to be returned. Also keeping in mind i don't want to get any
error result message

Thanks again
Silver Rose