Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Need Dynamic Data source help

Excel automatically assumes the name in the formula is on the same worksheet
as the formula, but a chart series formula is not in a worksheet, it's in a
chart. So for a chart you always need to insert the sheet reference for a
range of cells or a sheet or workbook name for a range name.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

wrote in message
oups.com...
Bingo! The problem was not having the workbook reference before the
named ranges. If I add the sheet name, it converts to the workbook
name as you suspected.

(And the alternative way using INDIRECT in your example works well,
too.)

I didn't know you had to prefix named ranges in formulas with the
workbook name. You'd think Excel would automatically assume the named
range would be in the active workbook. (???)

Thanks, Jon!

John