Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default build a formula that references other worksheets

Try this:

=C8-SUM('1090'!F103,Applegate!F20,Armstrong!F20,Binnin g!F20)

You don't need @ signs.

Excel uses ! as the sheet name identifier. Sheet names that are numbers,
1090, or have spaces in them, Week 1, need to be enclosed in single quotes:
'1090' , 'Week 1'.

Biff

"Paw" wrote in message
In my budget worksheet I have a balance column and I need to subtract
budget
amounts from other worksheets from my beginning balance. When I was using
QPRO my formula looked like this:
@Sum(C8,-@Sum(1090:F103,Applegate:F20,Armstrong:F20,Binning :F20))
C8 was my beginning budget and the rest (there were more that was listed
in
my formula, but I did not want to waste space) were my other worksheet
balances. But I do not know how to write this formula in Excell I keep
getting error messages.
Thank you for any help...