Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Andmor Andmor is offline

Default Text error

It is just simple text i.e.
Jimmy has been a bad student, it is his fault the school burnt down.

Some of my cells are formated as text and show the text just fine, others
are formatted as general and show the text fine but when i change them to
text display ####.
--
A.

"bj" wrote:

If you are copying and pasting
and the value looks like a date it might be transferign to a date format
even if you are telling it to be text.

How are you enteering the data and will you show an example of the input
data which ends up being ####

"Andmor" wrote:

I have been entering text into cells formatted for text.
That is until I have reached some cells that are formatted for text but the
text comes out ####. Any suggestions?
I even tried to apply the formatting from a cell where the text appears
correctly but have had no success.
--
A.