kfutbol

It is a validation and uses a list on the same sheet
(Data-Validation-Lists-Select Cells). I highlighted the list and selected
Format-Cells-Protection Tab-Lock and then I protected the sheet, but I can
still change the drop down list. What am I doing wrong?? Thanks.

"Springbok" wrote:

Hi,

Is the drop down list part of validation / combo box? If it is is it linked
to a list in an array in the same workbook? You can protect it by locking
the cells that make up the list array. Then apply worksheet protection.

Cheers,
Jon

"kfutbol" wrote:

When protecting a sheet, I know you can prevent changes to cell content but
how can you prevent a change in a drop down list? Once I protect the sheet,
I can still change a drop down list. How can I prevent this? Thank you!