Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Steve Steve is offline

Default How do I merge multiple xls files into one file?

I have 43 xls files with the same format (cash flows) and I want to put the
content of each of them them into a unique xls file. This unique file would
have to sum for example D3 from all 43 spreasheets (about 250 cells per
spreadsheet).

I would like it to populate automatically when information is updated in any
one of the spreadsheets. Linking does not work because formula is too long.

I have found some VBA that copies the information into a master file. But
that only seems to work for up to 5 files and I still get the error message
that the formula is too long.

Do you have any solution?
Thanks in advance!

Steve