Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gayla Gayla is offline

Default Find number of unique entries within a date range

I had not heard anything on my posting so I thought I would repost to see if
anyone had any suggestions for me.

I have a report that obtains its data from a worksheet that new data is
added to every week through copy/paste from our internal timecard system.
The data is made up of employee names, dates they clocked time, the amount
of time, the project and task they clocked time to.
My Data! Sheet Columns include:
A - Employee
B - Date
C - Hours
D - Project
I - Task

On my report I have a formula that tells me how many resources (employees)
are working on a particular project and task without counting the same person
twice.
The formula is:
COUNTDIFF(IF(Data!$D$2:$D$3286=$A$3,IF(Data!$I$2:$ I$3286=$A11,
Data!$A$2:$A$3286)),,FALSE)
A3 on report = project name from column D on Data! Sheet
A11 on report = task name from column I on Data! Sheet
Now I need to take it a step further. I want to know of those resources how
many have clocked time within the last 7 days from today. I tried starting
the previous formula with this: IF((Data!$B$2:$B$3286$A$1-7)
A1 on report = Todays Date
The answer I am getting is FALSE. Which may be true, there may not be
anyone who has clocked time on that task within the last week but instead of
FALSE I want a number - "0". If resources have clocked time I want the
number of employees minus any duplicates.
Any help will be appreciated.