Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Smudge Smudge is offline

Default If sum greater than 12 use 12

Hi,

Worked it out. =MIN(TIME(12,0,0),M2)

So happy!

Thanks for your help wouldn't have known where to start otherwise
:-)
--
Smudge

"Smudge" wrote:

Sorry should have given more info I think

I'm using custom format [h]:mm:ss and I'm trying to sum times where every
4th week the balance can't be more than 12 hours

So in M209 I have =L209+M201 and in N209 I want to add the onto the
cummulative times for the last 4 weeks but if it goes over 12 hours N209
needs to be 12.

Not explaining this very well but thanks for your help
--
Smudge

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=MAX(12,M2)

--
HTH

Bob

"Smudge" wrote in message

I know I've seen questions about this before but haven't got time to
search.

Would any kind soul please tell me how I can get excel to look at a value
in
column M and if it is larger than 12 use 12 in that column
--
Smudge