Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FloMM2 FloMM2 is offline

Default UDF can't be editted due to Excel 4 macro?

Trias,
I think the problem may be more simple than that.
Select "Tools", "Macro","Macros"
In the dialogue box that pops up, "Macro In:" box make sure the workbook
that you are using is selected. IF the "UDF" macro is not listed, then it was
created and this box was on "All Open Workbooks". You may be able to select
"This Workbook" and edit and be able to fix it.
HTH

"Trias" wrote:

Hi,

i inherited an Excel file that contain macro, vba code, udf. When i open it
using X2003 and select 'disable macro', a message box pops up, saying that
the file has Excel 4 Macro that cannot be disable.

Now i need to edit the UDF, i can see that this workbook has UDF from the
Insert Function menu. The problem is when i try to search the UDF, i can't
find it anywhere. I did search all modules using VBA Editor and the search
came back empty.

My questions a
- does this happen because the file has Excel 4 Macro that can't be disable?.
- how can i edit Excel 4 macro using Excel 2003?.
- how can edit the UDF?

best regards,

Trias H