Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stephen L Stephen L is offline

Default Very large Excel File

I have received a file containing approx 1.5 million records in Excel 2003
format. Excel will open this file but will of course only show 65536 records.
In the past I have used a hex editor to extract blocks of records and then
stitch them back together again afterwards in another application. This file
is too big for my hex editor and it refuses to open it. I have tried
importing into Access, Paradox and Open Office, but all failed. As a last
resort I could go back to the sender and ask them to produce it in a
different format, but the nature of the work means that I need to explore all
avenues before falling back on that option.

All suggestions / assistance gratefully received
--
Stephen L