Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Del Cotter Del Cotter is offline

Default x-axis time series with 2 different begin dates

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
tirrill said:
It has to be line graphs. A scatter plot would not easily show the
relationship between the 2 different time series.

How many actual data values are there per year? If it's one per year, I
don't see why you wouldn't simply start the second series with four
blank cells. I assume you have a pair of series with a much finer
resolution, monthly or even less.

I have finally found an inelegant way of accomplishing having to different
start dates. I had to first reset my Y-intercept to 0. Then, I formatted
each data point along the 0-line, removing the data points and lines. I then
changed the Y-intercept back.

Since they both end in 2006, a slightly more elegant way of doing it
would be to sort the numbers in reverse order, from 2006 backwards, and
then format the X scale in reverse order. The "reversed-reverse" scale
will look the same, but the series will now match in time.

--
Del Cotter