Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Conditional formatting based on another column.

Try a formula of

=ISBLANK(A1)

--
HTH

Bob

"Rob White" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a column that I need a format applied to depending on the value
of another column, specifically if values in column A are not blank
then I want the values in column B to have some formatting applied.
E.g.

A B
1 Formatted
Not Formatted
3 Formatted
2 Formatted

I have the formatting applied everywhere else, but I just can't quite
seem to get the formula right. I'm almost starting to wonder if I have
to do it on a cell by cell basis, but that would be impractical as I
have no idea how many rows are going to be entered (probably 100's).

Thanks for any help.