Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default change value while debugging

Graham,

Temporarily overwrite the variable in the highlighted code with a constant - the debugger may or may
not allow you to get away with it....

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Graham Y" wrote in message
Bernie
Clever, but, I couldn't get past the line as it was a cell coordinate of 0,
it's a shame the current cell isn't Cells(0,0) !
Thanks I shall remember the tip for future reference.

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Graham,

When you stop, go to the line below the highlighted line, and enter a new line of code

myStrVariable = "NewValue"
or
myIntVariable = 3

as appropriate, then step through using F8, and comment out your new line after you have executed
it.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Graham Y" wrote in message
Is there any way to change a value of a variable whilst in the debugger.
The initialisation of a variable was in the wrong place so the macro
stopped. I know what it should have been, and I have now corrected the code,
but I also have to repair the spreadsheet, it would have been so much easier
if I could have changed the value and then continued to run the rest of the
code.

Is this possible? (XL2003) and how do I do it?