Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Hiding Zero Values in Graph

Have you tried =IF((**)="",NA(),(******)
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Balzyone" wrote in message
I have been developing an automated metric dashboard in excel and it is
working out beautifully. I am working on some of the finishing touches
and
have run into a minor snag. I have it set up so that there is a Display
tab
(that has the visual dashboard), a Data Entry tab ( that contains all the
calculations to figure the metrics), and several Graph tabs (seperated
because the director likes it that way). The graphs that show up at the
bottom of the display are generated from the Graph tabs. The graph tabs
get
their information from the entry tab calculations. In the entry tab, most
of
the calculations are set up with =IF((**)="","",(******) type of formulas.
This was done to keep the columns that did not have data from affecting
the
YTD calculations and to make the entry tab look cleaner. The thing I have
found is the " " area does not work in the graph and shows zeros for the
empty months. I would like to show the line graphs for the months that
are
being reported and show no data for the rest of the months of the year
instead of the line dropping to zero at the end of the supplied data. I
did
try the ISBLANK function, but it does not work with the set-up I have.
Does
anyone know how I can hide the zeros in such a way that I will not need to
spend time each month changing information. So far everything is set up
so
that each group can enter their own data and I do not have to change
anything
but one reference cell. My goal was to set it up so that I did not have
put work into this to maintain it.