Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gunnar Lysaker Gunnar Lysaker is offline

Default Why input range contains non-numeric data?

If all your data look like numbers and still you have a problem. Excel need
to calculate with them to understand that its numbers. Try to write 1 into a
cell and Copy-Paste Special and multiply all the data. Then, it should work.
Alternatively you can hit F2 in every single cell. Same idea.
Gunnar

"Jerry W. Lewis" wrote:

Reformatting a cell does not change the value in the cell, it merely changes
the display of that value. In particular applying a numeric format will not
change text into a number. Copy an empty cell, select the input range, and
Edit|Paste Special|Add to coerce the values into numbers.

To identify which cell(s) is(are) text,
Format|Cells|Alignment|Horizontal|General. Text will be left justified while
numbers will be right justified. Alternately COUNT() only counts numbers.

Jerry

"Nickman" wrote:

"Mark Lincoln" wrote:

On Apr 23, 9:06 pm, Nickman wrote:
When I try to do a regression analysis on my data, a box pops up saying there
is non-numerica data for the input. However, I cant find any within my data
sheet.

Are some of the cells formatted as text? Or entered with a leading
apostrophe (which amounts to the same thing)?

Mark Lincoln

I selected all of the data and then formatted the cells as numbered. And as far as apostrophes go I cant find any. But the problem still persists.