Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
spence spence is offline

Default variable annual wage increases based on start date

I simplied my scenario considerably so the truth isn't quite as ugly as all
that. The reduction to a mere 1% annual increase doesn't actually start until
the sixth year. It's the joy of working for a non-profit.

Thanks for your help.

"Mike H" wrote:

I hope for the sake of your employees I've got this wrong (A 1% rise after 3
yrs!!) but here goes:-

First create a cell (C2) with today date in using the formula =now()
Then create a cell (D2) that calculates length of service with the formula:-

=(C2-B2)/365.25 Note cell must be formatted as general

lastly in E2 the formula for the annual increase.
=IF(D23,"1% Rise",IF(D22,"3% Rise",IF(D21,"2% Rise","")))

Mike

"spence" wrote:

I have a five year month-by-month personnel budget with the staff names down
column A and their start dates in columb B. The months and years through 2012
go across row 1.

My question is, is there a way to build formulas that will calculate annual
wage increases based on start date where the increase is:

1. 2% at year one anniversary
2. 3% at year two anniversary
3. 1% at every anniversary thereafter

Thanks.